1971 hilux

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by krazyasslunatic, Aug 17, 2009.

1. krazyasslunatic

krazyasslunatic Enthusiast

Truck:
    1971 Hilux
    Hey guys, know I havent been here long but gotta put my truck up for sale, kinda need money to take care of some stuff. Its a 71 hilux, 4cyl 4 speed, unknown mileage cause the odometer broke. All the lights work except the turn signals, the front ones r removed so that may be the problem up front but they dont work in the rear either, can hear the clicking inside the cab but they dont light up. Speedo is missing the needle so that may or may not be the only reason it doesnt work. Fuel gauge doesnt work, why idk. Truck has a few minor dings and gents, none of which r major. Just loved the rareness of it and purchased it to clean up and get back on the road. Its runs and drives great, have been down the highway in it with no problems. Has new tires, brakes, spark plugs, coolant, fresh oil change with new filter. Also has a new battery. Located in southwest oklahoma, any other questions just ask

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

asking $1500

Last edited: Aug 17, 2009
  2. walkerman5000

walkerman5000 Member

Truck:
    89 2wd with a 22r
    Is this the truck that was on Craigslist back in July?

3. krazyasslunatic

Truck:
    1971 Hilux
    Yeah its the one u posted up, i bought it from them and have done some work to the engine, exterior, interior

4. B.Y.E.

B.Y.E. Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1982 2wd Hilux
    My dad had this truck... Send me more pics please, floorboards, engine bay, chassis, underneath cab, etc...

btw- My '82 originated in OK! Bought it from a guy that moved here to Houston...

email: [email protected]

Thanks!

Ton

5. krazyasslunatic

Truck:
    1971 Hilux
    [​IMG]

Thats a shot of the engine, ive took it to the car wash since then and sprayed it off, looks a little better

6. krazyasslunatic

Truck:
    1971 Hilux
    bump, still needs to be sold, this is a good start for anyone looking to fix one of these up, it runs and drives but the carb is messed right now, make offer, would love for it to go to someone on here who would appreciate it

7. lownloud

lownloud Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1987 Toyota 2wd JT4RN50 Airbagged custom
    Sucha nice find, I soo wish my $'s were not tied up in my other projects or parts that Im waiting to pay for, add to that the fact I bought a new place, otherwise, youde have cash in hand. . . K Ill quit whining . . .

8. krazyasslunatic

Truck:
    1971 Hilux
    Eh itll be for sale for awhile I assume, its just parked in my garage for the moment and cant really drive it around to advertise it at the moment with carb messed up, I could but dont actually, i love the truck to death, very unique but really need the cash, hopefully ill have the money to order a new carb and get it installed and some other minor details cleaned up

9. krazyasslunatic

Truck:
    1971 Hilux
    BUMP still for sale guys, im sure someone who know about carbs could probably fix it and drive off or atleast bring a carb. install it and go, i just dont know what im going and dont have the money for a mechanic to look at it right now. Feel free to make me an offer

10. sfmanofgod

sfmanofgod Newbie

Truck:
    I do not own one now,but i am looking to buy one.
    Hi,My name is Steve.You said make you an offer,i will give you $400.00 for it,i do not know where and how much a carb would cost.Thanks,e-mail at [email protected] Would it make it to the east coast,i live in North Carolina.Thanks again.

11. driftwhat

driftwhat Member

Truck:
    1970 toyota hilux
    Is It still for sale????? Let me know asap!!!!!