Chrome door handles and visor mount upgrade

Discussion in 'Interior/Electronics' started by Enemy of the State, Apr 25, 2010.

1. Enemy of the State

Enemy of the State Enthusiast

Truck:
    1985 xtra cab
    Extremely easy bolt in upgrade. You can get the handles and visor mounts from cressidas or first gen camrys. For the handles, remove your door panel (2 screws for the arm rest and 1 screw for the handle trim). Remove the 2 screw bolts from the door handle mount. Unclip the linkage. Install in reverse.

Attached Files:

2. Enemy of the State

Truck:
    1985 xtra cab
    For the visor mounts. Remove the 2 mount screws. The visor should have a small screw around where the visor and mount meet. Remove this screw (Note if you have a loose visor that tends to fall down alot, tighten this screw and it should stay up). Seperate the mount and visor by pulling them away from each other. Push the new mount in the visor. Install in reverse.

Attached Files:

3. tyme_fo_play

tyme_fo_play Addict

Truck:
    MY PRIDE MY JOY MY TOY!
    i couldn't find the way to mount the chrome handles so i threw them away but what do you mean mount the linkage reverse? might grab some new ones. is this for 80's or the 90's year trucks?

4. Raffaelli

Raffaelli Toyotaholic

Truck:
    82 Longbed 2WD
    Guinus!

A useful part out of a credessa! Ill have to look next time.

The chrome/metal rear view mirror hook out of a 78-down truck bolts into my 82. Might fit later models too, FWIW.

5. Enemy of the State

Truck:
    1985 xtra cab
    I meant the install steps for the handle are the reverse of the removal steps. Clip the linkage to the chrome handle, bolt the hadle back to the door with the 2 screw bolts... Sorry for the confusion