Revolution big brake kit

Discussion in 'Suspension/Chassis' started by Chip Morton, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Chip Morton

Chip Morton Member

2. joeynational

joeynational Toyotaholic

Truck:
    91 2WD
    Damn thats pricey you can do the 4x4 upgrade for prbly half that

3. dillinja666

dillinja666 Toyotaholic

Truck:
    I gots no truck, for now
    ya or ls400 calipers...there are people on here who have done it. search buttons work great :p

4. TRUCK ACTION

TRUCK ACTION Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    I did the conversion posted on this site, uses a 12.9'' Wilwood rotors & 4 Runner 4 piston calipers. Works great! Also converted the rear to disk!
    The kit in mention is very good kit,was looking that way ,but to match the rear ,total was going to be $3,800. A little high .
    Did front & rear front & rear for 1/2 that!!:cool:

5. Choco Taco

Choco Taco Member

I've got the revolution bbk for the front and had them make me a bbk rear kit with matching calipers but smaller pistons for the rear.Check my post and you'll see the kit. I haven't installed it yet but its quality is second to none. And I paid $1900 for front and rear.

6. knucklehead

knucklehead Enthusiast

I talked to them yesterday and it's $869 for the front and rear kits, it uses 12.76" rotors. They have a kit for the rear with a parking brake for $1469, they are sending me some pics of the rear parking brake setup, its for a ford
    9" but is pretty much the same for the toyota rear.

7. Chip Morton

Chip Morton Member

Yeah, I've read all the other threads. The brackets are the tricky part. I'm not entirely sure of my fabrication skills for something like that. Yes, I know there were some people that got together and had some brackets made a while back.

Another option I need to look at is using a rotor off of a particular year Celica. It's a little smaller but would bring the cost down significantly. Still gotta do some measuring and then decide if I want to tackle the bracket fabrication.

8. knucklehead

knucklehead Enthusiast

All Celica's use a 4 Lug rotor.

9. Chip Morton

Chip Morton Member

Sorry, meant Celica Supra.

10. Raffaelli

Raffaelli Toyotaholic

Truck:
    82 Longbed 2WD
    From what I learned doing the LS400 stuff....Is that 94-04 Cobra brake hardware would be cake to mount onto a toyota hub/spindle.

Not bolt on, but definatly do-able. And for more like 500 bucks instead of a thousand. Granted its 2 piston (PBR caliper), but rotor size is the same.(and thats where brake force comes from).

Just sayin.

11. Choco Taco

Choco Taco Member

Yeah but your also pay for the look.You can't say the wilwood calipers look 10x better than a stock caliper. And the wilwood caliper is way lighter as well.

12. trap

trap Addict

Truck:
    92 pickup
    I have the revolution kit in the front and its pretty bad ass. I had to install a bigger bore master cylinder before it really met my expectations.

http://www.toyotacatalog.net/M1WebG...UniqueID=D3B07AED-2D79-44B9-B6CF-F6071D5E8AD4

You can research it and im sure buy it cheaper somewhere else, but make sure its a brand new factory Aisin brand. Do not buy a aftermarket.

I have some very minor brake pad overhang, luckily the pad just crumbles at the edge so its not issue. I am running belltech drop spindles which I personally think has something to do with it,