Lowering truck problems

Discussion in 'Suspension/Chassis' started by 94_yota, Sep 18, 2014.

1. 94_yota

94_yota Newbie

Truck:
    94 xcab
    my 94 toyota xcab v6 is lowered 3in drop blocks in the rear and torsion in the front (torsion is temporary until i get my drop spindles) and i just noticed that my rear right side sticks out further than the left. Is this common? please help ASAP. i do not want to continue driving it like this if it is a big issue.

2. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Make sure the pin that the bottom of the block is supposed to sit on is right. Same issue happened with my friend. We checked the position of the blocks and one was off

3. Litneon

Litneon Super Moderator Staff Member

Truck:
    94 xtra cab
    If the blocks are sitting correctly and tight, then yes it is normal. I've seen it many times, the frames aren't perfect, the suspension brackets aren't perfect, the parts aren't perfect. When you put them all together, they can be off quite a bit. I loosened my cab and bed and adjusted the mounts to get things to line up a bit better.

4. 94_yota

94_yota Newbie

Truck:
    94 xcab
    Alright thanks for the help. The blocks are sitting correct. I was told it was pretty common but just wanted to hear couple other opinions. Didn't want to damage anything on the truck.

5. 94_yota

94_yota Newbie

Truck:
    94 xcab
    Ok. I checked it out and everything lined up fine but I guess it's a common thing.