Easiest way to lift toyota 3''

Discussion in 'Suspension/Chassis' started by msulaimain, Jul 30, 2014.

1. msulaimain

msulaimain Newbie

So I'm really wanting to lift my toyota 3''. I've been trying to find lift spindles but can't find any anywhere.

What would be the easiest way to achieve a 3'' lift? I just want it for looks and to fit maybe 31 or 33 tires.

Thanks.

Links to what I need to buy would be greatly apreciated.

2. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    4x4 leaf springs should raise it a fair amount. The front im assuming you can adjust/ re-key the torsion bar and it will go up but idk how it will ride. And a small body lift

3. msulaimain

msulaimain Newbie

Okay. Where can I get some leaf springs for the back?

Also, I really don't want to mess with the torsion bar. I've heard body lifts (3'') would cause wear to the cv joint and stuff. Is there not a kit out there that has everything I need to lift my truck 3'', suspension or body?

4. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    A body lift doesnt affect the suspension because your only moving the body. If your truck is 2wd then you have no CV joint to worry about (unless you mean something else)

Are you looking to do it easy. Cheap. Or both?

5. msulaimain

msulaimain Newbie

I want to spend under 200 if possible.

6. Under Construction '93

Under Construction '93 Addict

Truck:
    1993 Std Pickup
    :ROFL: Always some kid wanting all kind of sh!t for $200. Not gonna get what you want for that price... $200 wont even buy a single good 31' tire.

7. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Ghetto body lift is guna be the cheapest option.

You more than likely wont get much for $200

8. Robert m

Robert m Addict

Truck:
    '94 single cab, 22re, 5spd
    You will not fit a 31'' tire with only 3'' of lift and not have the tire rub on everything as you drive. A 33'' tire will not even be close to fitting.
    $200 is enough for the body lift and thats about it. They can be found real easy by a google search.
    Then you have to buy rims and tires. That will be at least another $500 for a set of ugly cheap rims and worn out, off brand tires.

9. Beefed Taco

Beefed Taco Addict

First place to start is to give the model of the truck. Since you mentioned CV joints, I assume it's a 6 lug. Lifting a 6 lug versus a 5 lug is a totally different process.

10. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Im thinking we scared em off.

11. Mikerocosms

Mikerocosms Veteran

Truck:
    1990 22R Pickup

It's remarks like this that put people off. We don't know if the OP only had $200 after his budget for 31'+ rims/tires or for the whole deal. Plus we don't know if the OP is a kid or not.

12. raylcc

raylcc Addict

Truck:
    89 Regular Cab. The weirdo with the stock suspension.
    Agreed! We were all dreaming kids once. The whole point of forums like this is to share knowledge and (nicely) let people know when what they are planning is doable or not. This forum seems to run the whole spectrum, from the kid with the rust bucket and a driveway drop to the guys with $30,000 custom air lift setups. Thats whats nice about this place. $200 can't FINISH a project, but if its all you have, its a good place to start. Say you start off with a $100, used body lift off of craigslist. Save up and look for a set of tires. I found the 35's for my Explorer on CL for $500 from a guy whose wife was making him abandon a project. They had chevy rims that I sold and waited until a set of 15x10 Mickey Thompson wheels came up for pretty cheap (I think it was $200). I'm a single dad with a deadbeat ex and extra money doesn't come easy, but I still do things a little at a time. This guy can do the same.
    As far as advice, I would recommend going used if your budget is tight. Put an add on CL and see what pops up. For lifting, you can always go with a body lift and break out the sazall and do some massive fender trimming.
    Hope that helps.