bagged and driveshaft is hitting cab

Discussion in 'Suspension/Chassis' started by white90yota, Oct 22, 2011.

1. white90yota

white90yota Member

Truck:
    1990 standard cab base model with the 22r
    Does anybody have some pics where they cut the driveshaft tunnel. I want to see what it looks like from the inside. And if you could give a little info on what and how you re covered it. I'm only plan on sectioning out what needs to be gone not the whole thing thanks

2. eurofreak2002

eurofreak2002 Toyotaholic

Truck:
    80 STD SR5 LB, bagged! The new whip!
    I'll get pics in the morning since I cant find the ones I already got. Just sectioned about 3 inches up the back of the cab and about 5 inches behind shifter inside. Rolled 10 gauge into a U shape tappered it from stock floor of cab to the top of the notch cut into cab wall and welded it all up. It may seem extreme I did that much but I like to lock the front up and drag the rear so I Cali it HARD and needed this much clearence to not catch the driveline. Im gonna have to cut and section it again once I BD it.

3. white90yota

white90yota Member

Truck:
    pic

OK thanks

4. eurofreak2002

eurofreak2002 Toyotaholic

Truck:
    80 STD SR5 LB, bagged! The new whip!
    Its not cleaned up yet but yah hope this gives you somewhat of an Idea.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Under Construction '93

Under Construction '93 Addict

Truck:
    1993 Std Pickup
    [​IMG]

Here is mine... Still untouched... LOL :eek: It clears with front 7 1/4' in front draggin' the rear. Hope it helps

6. white90yota

white90yota Member

Truck:
    thanks

Hey thanks guys that helps alot I plan on getting this and front shocks figured out soon. These pics will def help thanks again. And if anyone else has any post them up.

7. WallyBman

WallyBman Member

Mine is currently cut out. It is easy to see since i swapped buckets in. Ill get some.pics when i get home from work. I have mine cut up higher than everyone else, but that might have something to do with the fact that mine is a long wheelbase regular cab.

8. WallyBman

WallyBman Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Okay, mine isn't cut higher than anyone else's. The previous owner cut the hole and welded that piece of scrap in. I'm going to get a buddy of mine that is way better at this sort of thing than I am to basically build a small transmission hump to put over the driveshaft notch, and then we can cut the rest of the material out so that they driveshaft has a lot more clearance than it does now. Also, driving with a hole over a driveshaft with bucket seats at night, especially with the colder weather we have been getting lately makes for one super cold hurricane of freeze headed right for your butt. Not fun, and REALLY loud wind noise.

9. jeremystephens

jeremystephens Enthusiast

Truck:
    94 xcab
    well it didnt have to cut mine being ext cab but have done a few... euro has laid out a good way to do it the only thing I done a little diff before is run some round rod over the opening first and then put the new sheet metal... I done this for strength when using thinner sheet metal since it was easier to bend over the thin stuff but the rod keep it supported

10. white90yota

white90yota Member

Truck:
    Tunnel

So does the extended cab have a carrier bearing just curious how. Ome you didn't have to cut it

11. dyrti

dyrti Veteran

Truck:
    91 pickup layin' frame, and a 99 mazda b2500 (not a toyota)
    granted i'm not bodied but my tunnel i just pounded out a little for the driveshaft.im even still using most of the stock crossmember on the frame.-dont ask.. check my build for pics.

12. yota4life

yota4life Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1991 xcab 2wd 4cyl
    Ya ex cabs have a carrier bearing so you don't have to notch it. My runner will be notched tho once I start working on it

13. dyrti

dyrti Veteran

Truck:
    91 pickup layin' frame, and a 99 mazda b2500 (not a toyota)
    :confused::confused::confused:

hows the runner comin along anyway?? was gonna try to hit you up while i was down there but it was late when i got into lodi and early when i left a week later... my girl and i broke up a few days after i got home so no more cali trips for me unless its for a show.... but then my new girl is from s.l.o. so we'll see what happens.