What type of shocks to have with a static drop

Discussion in 'Suspension/Chassis' started by Petersandoval88, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Petersandoval88

Petersandoval88 Newbie

Truck:
    88 Toyota Pickup 22r 2WD
    I'm still running the stock shocks on my truck and it's a crappy ride right now. I was wondering what type of shocks do the dudes on here with a static drop run or what are some good shocks to run when lowered. I currently have 3" blocks on the back and mono leafed and in the front I did a torsion drop.

2. Gr8KornHolio

Gr8KornHolio Veteran

Truck:
    85 regular cab longbed 22R
    I'm running the KYB Monomax shocks on my 85. Front is spindles, BJ flip, and LCA. Out back is belltech drop leaf and 4" blocks. I love the ride. Stiff enough but not harsh.

[​IMG]

3. White Trash

White Trash Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 auto cross beater
    I'm running monomax's on my 90 and they fully kick ass. The front was slightly spongy till I swapped in 1 ton torsion bars. That firmed it up perfectly. The rear is nice and firm without being harsh at all. I'm running drop spindles, 3" blocks, pulled center leaf and a mini notch. I'll never, ever understand running a mono leaf since it's guaranteed that the main will go negative and before too long it will break. Keeping the overload at least keeps the main flat so it won't break.

4. CREETIN247

CREETIN247 Enthusiast

Truck:
    86 Std
    I've got BellTech Nitro Drop 2 all the way around! The Suspension Source drop spindles, 3" blocks currently but gonna swap out for 4" this winter and leaf spring drop. DJM LCA and 1ton sway bars front and back. Also gonna do the 1ton torsion bars this winter!

5. CREETIN247

CREETIN247 Enthusiast

Truck:
    86 Std
    A lot of guys also run the Toxic Shocks by Pro Comp and seem to like them!! And there still a decent $$$!!!

[​IMG]