Bumper/fender

Discussion in 'How To Articles' started by jackie quintanilla, Mar 6, 2018.

1. jackie quintanilla

jackie quintanilla Newbie

how do I fix this?!

88190AD2-150F-401F-B57F-EB0B9B19881F.jpeg 20F822E9-EE6A-4E28-BB9E-949B227DA392.jpeg

2. Perkolator

Perkolator Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1975 Hilux
    Uh oh, might be a total loss on that one, did airbags deploy? lol just kidding

In my experience with Tacoma bumpers like that, you can try and push it back into place. Had to do that on my MILs 98 Tacoma several times as she likes to bump things with it apparently :) Mostly it's a plastic shell with some steel internals to give it strength in the outer sides, the center is where the main structure is inside. Like most modern car bumpers they engineered it to be more of a replaceable part for when stuff like this happens - definitely not constructed like previous generations where it's mostly steel

For the fender, it doesn't look too bad. I'd actually recommend you consult with a paintless dent repair shop, they may be able to pull it out and get it closer to original shape without replacement. Otherwise a replacement fender is likely the next cheapest route, you may be able to source a take-off in the same color too.

jackie quintanilla likes this.
  3. jackie quintanilla

jackie quintanilla Newbie

4. Perkolator

Perkolator Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1975 Hilux
    yep, good luck