PROJECT SACRILEGE, you'll likely hate this build!

Discussion in '1989-1995 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by Tatujesse, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Tatujesse

Tatujesse Member

Truck:
    94-97 multimaker bagged extra cab, static slammed two tone 64 vw bug, static lowered h&r e46 330i
    I've been tryin to get them to join up. I'm sure one of these days.... the 91 is on Instagram I think it's @rob_mcclintock or close to it... The guy with the 87 owns the shop and he's crazy busy the mini is pretty tame compared to the crazy crawlers Buggys and desert runners he's putting out on the daily his Instagram is @dylanoffroadaddiction he doesn't post much there either, super busy dude.... Kingbouyah; there's a couple people on this site that have already done the 4Runner rear window treatment each of them a little different but each baddass. I can't remember the name of the guy with the squarebody 4x4 with it done but I think he comments in the other guys thread. Xs5875 is the user name of a dude who did it to his 89-95 dig in his build thread it's all in there how he did it... I'm not sure if I'm still doing it or not if anything I want a wider back window not narrower. so it's up in the air still atp.. I do have the hatch still if someone is interested in it more than I am image.jpeg
    Here's my new 240sx irs mocked up in its new home. After removing the tank. The whole cradle bolts in! Two front mounts will be right behind the og spring perches and a "k" shaped crossmember made of 2x4 and 2x3 will go above the rear end and the area above the control arms will be cut away to allow it to drop. We are thinkin lift bars with shackles attached where the og strut mounted, trailing back along the frame with the bag and shock on the lift bar. Notice how the driveshaft bolts right up! Hardbody's and 240's share a lot of design elements it's crazy.

2. Orlando Muniz

Orlando Muniz Veteran

Truck:
    89 Toyota Pickup
    thats going to be a crazy set up!

Tatujesse likes this.
  3. twizted1

twizted1 Addict

Truck:
    '89 xcab 2wd
    i think someone on here took a 4runner rear hatch and grafted it into the back of their truck...rear window that rolls up n down, flippn sweet!!

4. KingBouyah

KingBouyah Member

Thanks guys, I was able to find the links to some others that did it. I don't think I'm a fan of how much it takes up the already little space behind the seat. There's got to be a better way.

5. Tatujesse

Tatujesse Member

Truck:
    94-97 multimaker bagged extra cab, static slammed two tone 64 vw bug, static lowered h&r e46 330i
    Maybe the roll down out of the tundra?

twizted1 likes this.
  6. Orlando Muniz

Orlando Muniz Veteran

Truck:
    89 Toyota Pickup
    Those rear windows are way bigger than ours.... and trying to retro those in to our truck would be a pain in the ass...

7. Tatujesse

Tatujesse Member

Truck:
    I was thinkin the tundra mechanism would be more vertical instead of the curved track of the runner. Maybe with a custom glass and channel lol oh yeah n tons of talent or money haha .. But yeah the ass pain is one of the big reasons I'm not doin it anymore myself haha

twizted1 likes this.
  8. Orlando Muniz

Orlando Muniz Veteran

Truck:
    89 Toyota Pickup
    yea i was thinking of doing the same thing, but using the 4 runner mechanism. You also would need alot of metal work to create channels for the rear windows and as well as other things. Plus alot of time and money!

9. Tatujesse

Tatujesse Member

Truck:
    IMG_1078.JPG Here's the bed of the grey 87 yota

10. Tatujesse

Tatujesse Member

Truck:
    IMG_1079.JPG Oh yeah it smashes plates

90DailyDriven likes this.
  11. Tatujesse

Tatujesse Member

Truck:
    IMG_1080.JPG Cool shot of the 18's thru the gasshole

12. Tatujesse

Tatujesse Member

Truck:
    As for the Nismoyota Got the new 2x4 xmember and one side of the 2x3 'k' leg off of the xmember to the frame tacked in place behind and over the 240 irs. made mounts for the front of the cradle to bolt to the frame and f'd around with the body drop cuts in the firewall today as well... Can't post a pic tho for some reason the files are too big off my phone

13. Tatujesse

Tatujesse Member

Truck:
    image.jpeg
    Got the k member mostly welded in, frame sections cut out and the 240 rear end bolted up and in its home.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
  14. Tatujesse

Tatujesse Member

Truck:
    image.jpeg
    Nice to see it on the ground for the first time for a minute. I thought I liked the front wheels better but those wires look really good imo.

twizted1 likes this.
  15. Tatujesse

Tatujesse Member

Truck:
    image.jpeg
    Doesn't quite lay all the way and I haven't cut the 3/4" out of the rockers yet. The 240irs bushings won't go full bump w/out the weight of the bed but I think I'll need more once it's all said n done. I ordered an adj. arm kit for it n that should do the trick. Front seems like it'll b fine. Not doing the front frame horn drop til I get the 4Runner core support and hood which should be soon.

16. Tatujesse

Tatujesse Member

Truck:
    image.jpeg
    That matching camber tho! Technically since I don't have the rockers cut I should have 3/4 blocks under wheels for an accurate view of what I need the clearance but I had to bail and I just wanted to see it on the ground haha

17. Tatujesse

Tatujesse Member

Truck:
    IMG_1272.JPG
    Got the IRS subframe mounts and the frame cap/fishplates all welded in, not the prettiest, but it's solid af.. next week I'll either get the tank figured out and mounted so i can get the bed back on. 0r I'll start the front bag brackets and uca relocation. I wish I had more than four hours a week to work on it but it seems like it's coming along well anyway:)

18. Tatujesse

Tatujesse Member

Truck:
    IMG_1312.JPG
    Theres a 4runner crawler rebuild next to my truck at the shop so I figured what better time to see how my clearances will be with his smooshed and hacked pieces. It's wierd the bumper is way wider than the Nissan but the hood is a good 1.5" narrower lol. works better that way anyway since I'm only grafting the top 3" and the marker bucket of the yota fenders to the Nissan fenders and fitting them to line with the hood. I'll prolly end up cuttin up the 95 4Runner bumper I have to fit up it real nice.

19. Tatujesse

Tatujesse Member

Truck:
    IMG_1314.JPG
    Put the tank up in its og location to see what I gotta do to keep it there... so u can see here I cut a notch out of the sub frame to give the tank a little more room to move back. With the cut it still sits about four inches forward of stock. I think the best plan of attack is to modify the cab floor rather than cut anymore out of the subframe. Nissan king cabs don't have the box under seat that the totals have there's just a bulge in the floor for the tank on one side. I'll just cut around the bulge and move it forward the fourish inches I need and up an inch, then patch the opening between it and the wall

Mikerocosms likes this.
  20. Tatujesse

Tatujesse Member

Truck:
    IMG_1341.JPG
    Radius capped the corners of the frame where I cut the section out and boxed in the remaining areas between the cab and kmember. Also got under it and finished the welds along the bottom of everything.