AssYriaNrocKer's 94 SingleCab Build Thread

Discussion in '1989-1995 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by AssYriaNrocKer, Nov 20, 2012.

1. aaron_sk

aaron_sk Enthusiast

Truck:
    '94 Regular cab
    No reason to ever remove EGR on any vehicle unless it is used only for wheeling (never get into cruise circuit so valve will never open) or on a turbo car (plumbing is a PITA, need a cooler for the gasses).

Any savings will soon be lost to poor fuel economy.

2. White Trash

White Trash Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 auto cross beater
    Sure there is a reason to yank it off. I'm shaving as much weight as I can legally in my class in autocross. To the point that my first day with a nutritionist and personal trainer are this friday. The rules don't have a minimum weight for the driver. :ROFL:

I pull low 20's driving like a 16 year old, my dad in a similar truck driving like your normal 71 year old pulls high 20's and neither of us have a single piece of emissions equipment and we both run decently tuned weber carbs. I'm not seeing how it really matters all that much.

AssYriaNrocKer I don't have any issues with anyone buying factory stuff. Some of it really is just better quality. I figure if something made it over 100k miles why skimp on something that's going to only last half as long yet only cost 25% more? That's just good sense. Nice truck. :D

3. 90DailyDriven

90DailyDriven Veteran

Truck:
    90 standard cab 2wd short bed
    Im with you on spending money when it comes to quality parts. I also buy OEM toyota parts if they are still available. My truck has 180k miles and still runs fine. If something breaks and needs to be replaced how many miles will i get out of OEM vs Aftermarket? I also get an employee discount :clapping:

4. Xs5875

Xs5875 Addict

Truck:
    1994 Standard cab 22re 5 spd
    Ha. I like a clean engine in my show trucks. Less vacuum lines. Wires. Piping.

5. AssYriaNrocKer

AssYriaNrocKer Enthusiast

Truck:
    1994 PU

Thanks for all the replies guys. Nice to see others have an interest on the subject.

@aaron_sk - I'm with you on not removing the EGR and emissions equipment. Not so sure how much it would effect MPGs but it is always cool to see a "lightly" molested motor that stays true to the 22RE motor that came straight out of the factory and into the First customers hands. From the tiny plastic "hose holders" to the indented bolts...and even the ugly EGR setup. It is always nice to see something that tried it's best to maintain original while being tastefully modified and still practical.

@White Trash - " I figure if something made it over 100k miles why skimp on something that's going to only last half as long yet only cost 25% more? That's just good sense." Word for word I agree 100%....and thank you man. This is def. my favorite car to work on due to it's simplicity! I love it to death just not sure if I will be able to keep it forever. Winter is rough in a light 2wd........

@90DailyDriven - :D Employee discount rocks dude. Not only do you get discount but you get all the old books...Full FSM access to every Toyota...no to mention the experience and knowledge you can absorb from the 25+ year technicians that were working on 22r's when they where brand spankin new!

@Xs5875 - Yes no EGR gives a much cleaner look I do agree. Had I been building a car meant for "show" I would do the same exact thing. Unfortunately I have to use my car as a daily driver. A true show car I would never daily drive. I have seen the work your are putting in on your build.... :jawdrop: quality clean work mate. keep up the good work.

-RONI-
    :headbang:

6. AssYriaNrocKer

Truck:
    1994 PU
    Battery tray installed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-RONI-

7. AssYriaNrocKer

Truck:
    1994 PU
    Park it and they will come...

[​IMG]

-RONI-

8. jblaust

jblaust Veteran

Truck:
    1994 Pickup Standard Cab Base 22RE Manual
    I love the truck! I loved reading through your thread. Very informative and great pics. I have already gone through alot of the same steps and mods as you, in the process of cleaning up my truck and fixing some of the previous owners rigs. I have the same truck with the same wheels! I painted my wheels silver though. I wish I had stumbled onto this thread sooner! I have cel code 71 right now and was suspecting the EGR as well. I saw that you were interested in the sliding rear window. I want the one piece window like you have. I wish we were closer to work out a trade.

9. AssYriaNrocKer

Truck:
    1994 PU
    Thanks for checking out the thread jblaust. It's nice that, although this site has slowed down tremendously, this thread is still helpful to people. It is cool to be able to look back at what I've done to this thing as well. Not much going on since my last post and it sure has been a while since I've visited this site but damn the site update is very nice. I really dig the new layout of the site.

I was interested in the sliding back window for sure. It just proves to be so much more useful then the single glass. I get that the 1 piece glass has a clean look but on a hot summer day I would love to have it open! Your right....wish we lived closer.lol

Good job Toyotaminis staff the site looks great. Just wish there was more traffic.

-RONI-

10. BlackSeb

BlackSeb Newbie

Truck:
    93 DCab Diesel
    Loved reading through your build man, awesome 4Runner as well. Going in a similar direction with my DoubleCab 93 so it's interested to see the progress through your build.

I've done the same with the 2wd bumper and 4wd guards, give the truck a staunch yet not overly aggressive look.

11. AssYriaNrocKer

Truck:
    1994 PU
    twizted1 likes this.
  12. twizted1

twizted1 Addict

Truck:
    '89 xcab 2wd
    hella nice 4runr, seen that link in your signature b4 but never actually took the time to check it out.
    Great looking rig!!

13. AssYriaNrocKer

Truck:
    1994 PU
    Thanks man. I got a lot of stuff going on right now but I still have major plans for that rig. Planning on a blazeland long travel kit, some sliders, lights, and eventually maybe even a new motor.

-RONI-

14. AssYriaNrocKer

Truck:
    1994 PU
    It is with a heavy heart that I regret to inform the toyotaminis network that I have passed the torch and no longer own this wonderful truck. It was a great 4 years with ups and downs...dependable in any situation, this truck really did stand true to the toyota name. I'll still be around...

SOLD

-RONI-

Supra likes this.
  15. Orlando Muniz

Orlando Muniz Veteran

Truck:
    89 Toyota Pickup
    awe man thats too bad, it was a sweet looking truck. Btw where did you get your battery holder?

16. AssYriaNrocKer

Truck:
    1994 PU
    2012 Toyota prius I believe. There is a recall where the battery tray gets replaced if I remember correctly.

-RONI-

17. Orlando Muniz

Orlando Muniz Veteran

Truck:
    89 Toyota Pickup
    Awesome! thank you, so do you plan on getting another yota?

18. AssYriaNrocKer

Truck:
    1994 PU
    Well I'm never going to sell my 4 runner...but my new daily is a 98 subaru outback wagon. I love it...should make snow driving a bit easier!

[​IMG]

-RONI-

19. Orlando Muniz

Orlando Muniz Veteran

Truck:
    89 Toyota Pickup
    yea Subs are great in the snow as well as the runner..