South Florida 1994 Yota Standard Cab build

Discussion in '1989-1995 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by jblaust, Feb 1, 2016.

1. jblaust

jblaust Veteran

Truck:
    1994 Pickup Standard Cab Base 22RE Manual

I had bags on a Silverado before. They were a pain in the ass. I will probably do the mini notch like yours.

2. LAYNLOW

LAYNLOW Veteran

Truck:
    93 Toyota Pickup 2wd
    Definitely liking that interior!:clapping: how hard was it to do the dash? You got any pucs of that?

3. LAYNLOW

LAYNLOW Veteran

Truck:
    93 Toyota Pickup 2wd
    Nvm haha found them! Ahhh loving it. Now that i know what the rest of mine will look like..i know what ill be finishing doing :))

4. jblaust

jblaust Veteran

Truck:

Thanks Bud! I actually didn't end up wrapping the dash. That is a Black Suede dash pad that I bought on ebay. It is almost a perfect match to the Black crushed velvet that I wrapped the rest of the interior in. It is custom made for the truck and stays in place with velcro underneath. It is completely removable.

LAYNLOW likes this.
  5. LAYNLOW

LAYNLOW Veteran

Truck:
    93 Toyota Pickup 2wd
    Man thats a really good dash cover. All the ones ive seen dont look like sheet. You got a link to that or what do i look up? I might have to get me one

6. LAYNLOW

LAYNLOW Veteran

Truck:
    93 Toyota Pickup 2wd
    What center console is that? Did it fit right in or you have to trim anything?

7. jblaust

jblaust Veteran

Truck:
  8. jblaust

jblaust Veteran

Truck:
    Its a 2nd gen 4runner center console. I picked it up on ebay for $50 shipped. It bolts right in place. I still need the bracket to bolt it to the floor. Mine is just sitting there right now. The 4 runner interior is basicly the same as the pickup but they come with some extras especially in the SR5 models. The pickup's come very basic. My interior is pretty much upgraded to a SR5 4runner now. That includes the cluster which has a tach and oil pressure gauge instead of just dummy lights, Map lights and rear view mirror, center console and lower pocket console under the radio, Glove box w/ light and lighted ash tray and lighted lighter. I also got upgraded door panels that cover the whole door from a 4runner. There are a couple different types of door panels available. My old door panels used to stop below the windows and there was a painted strip there the color of the truck. I also installed power locks and am considering doing the power window swap from a 4 runner eventually.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
  9. LAYNLOW

LAYNLOW Veteran

Truck:
    93 Toyota Pickup 2wd
    Very nice bud! That is def a hell of an upgrade haha. I have those door oanels with the strip. I just went over it with the fabric. Im not a fan of those. Its the little things that seem to stand out the most. Definitely using this truck for inspiration

jblaust likes this.
  10. Orlando Muniz

Orlando Muniz Veteran

Truck:
    89 Toyota Pickup
    good looking build!! keep up the good work.

jblaust likes this.
  11. jblaust

jblaust Veteran

Truck:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finally taking her off the road tomorrow. Been waiting for my friend to have some time at his shop. A whole bunch of goodies are finally getting installed. We are going to work on the steering issue I have first. Then moving on to dressing up the motor and upgrading mainly the intake side of the motor. We are also redoing the drop in the back and lowering it another inch and adding adjustable air shocks with onboard compressor.

List of things being changed out

Freshly powder coated new upper and lower intake manifold (dark metallic grey/black) Polished EFI letters on top
    Newly rebuilt power steering gear box
    New power steering pump
    New OEM pitman arm
    New OEM toyota mounting bolts and nuts for power steering gear box
    Energy Suspension Upper and lower control arm bushings
    Energy Suspension Strut Rod Bushings
    LCE intake studs
    All new LCE Teflon intake side gaskets
    All new sensors on intake
    New TPS sensor
    Newly rebuilt (by Maxbore) bored out 58mm Throttle Body with LCE idle adjustment screw installed
    New OEM Fuel Rail
    New upgraded Fuel Injectors and seals
    New fuel filter
    New 120 amp Alternator
    New LCE silicone radiator hoses
    New crank seal
    16" Electric fan
    New motor mounts
    New OEM water pump
    New Toyota V belts
    LCE fuel pressure gauge (mounts in cold start injector)
    Gabriel Hi Jacker rear Air Shocks
    AirLift Air shock controller kit (onboard compressor)
    Custom 5" angled Steel blocks by Beefed Taco.
    New windshield wiper fluid container and pump
    NEW 4runner SR5 chrome mirrors

Most of this is being done for peace of mind, reliability and aesthetics. I want the motor to be reliable for the foreseeable future and have a clean dressed up look. Im also going to check the guides for the timing chain. I want to make sure the timing chain looks good and has metal guides. If not we will be changing that too while we are in there. Chain looked new when i changed the valve cover, but I forgot to check the guides to see if they were metal. Motor had been rebuilt within 30,000 miles when I got her.

We are also dropping the rear another inch with 5" blocks
    Rear Air shocks with onboard compressor gauge and controls will be in the cab

Trimming the edge of the flange on the LCE headers. It taps the torsion bar from time to time. (very tight fit)

I am going to remove the rear bumper. I debated on if I really wanted to do this for a while. I have a clean chrome OEM 4 runner rear bumper on there now. I like the look without it better so Im gonna give it a shot and see how she looks without it.

Im in the market for some new rims. That will probably be coming next. Looking for something that fits right without any major mods. I dont want to run adapters or extended studs. Starion 16x9 all around has been on mind for a while now. They are almost impossible to find though.

Im also looking at bushwacker 3" fender flares painted to match the truck. Considering going 15x10 inch rims. Not 100% sure what i'm going to do yet. These extras are future mods I'm considering doing next, after I get her all tightened up.

Distant Future mods
    Chevy LS1 V8 or Lexus V8 all motor. LSD rear end. Rear disc brakes. Big brake upgrade in the front. 3" rear notch.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
  12. Kirk

Kirk Member

Hey Bro I checked out all your posts I love what you did to your truck man neat and beautifull. I have a extra cab 93 I'm planning on taking bumper fenders cluster out of a 92 runner I wanted to get some input on how to hook up my cluster, I'm taking out trans and putting in a gearbox 4 speed couldn't find a 5 so and I wanted rpm in it

13. jblaust

jblaust Veteran

Truck:
    Thanks bro! It is work in progress!

As far as the Cluster goes, you need to check which speedometer cable you have first. There is an electronic one that uses a plug and then the manual cable one that uses an old school cable. Once you know which one your truck (different year/model pickups and 4runner use both) has in it now, then you need to get the same type of cluster (electronic or cable speedometer) from a 4cyl 22RE 4runner and then its just plug and play into your truck. Make sure you get the oil sending sensor from the block of the same vehicle you get the cluster from. If you plug in your stock oil sending unit (which is just a dummy light) You will fry your new 4runner oil pressure gauge in your new cluster AS SOON AS IT SEES POWER! you have to switch over to the oil pressure sensor from the 4runner for it to work right.

14. Kirk

Kirk Member

Ok but but what if the runner is a 6 cylinder and it uses the cable speedo cable can I still use it the cluster

15. jblaust

jblaust Veteran

Truck:

It is my understanding that you need to get the cluster from a 4 cyl otherwise it won't read right. I may be wrong. I'm sure someone here will chime in on this.

Bocks likes this.
  16. jblaust

jblaust Veteran

Truck:
    Mine came out of a 4cyl 22re sr5 4Runner.

17. Kirk

Kirk Member

I see one on ebay that says tach speedo cable is it the righr type

18. jblaust

jblaust Veteran

Truck:
    I made sure it was the same motor and mine came with the oil sender and the plug harness on the back also (Some trucks you have to wire in a tac cable manually to the harness, but most already have it there, depends on your model) I bought it on ebay with lower mileage. It wasn't cheap! But it was as clean and complete as you will ever find one.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
  19. jblaust

jblaust Veteran

Truck:
    You need to know what your truck is now. Cable or electronic speedo. The only way to know for sure is to pull out your cluster and look. Some years can come with either one.

20. Kirk

Kirk Member

My truck is cable speedo for sure