Brake Proportioning Valve Adjuster

Discussion in 'Parts and Accessories' started by Beefed Taco, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Beefed Taco

Beefed Taco Addict

I made this contraption today. It will allow you to adjust how much pressure the rear brakes get since lowered trucks get too much pressure because the valve thinks there is a heavy load, and lifted trucks lose pressure. Not sure how well it works because I removed the valve on my truck a few years ago, so I can't test it. Just snip the rod about 2" from the valve, stick it through the heim and bolt this bracket to the valve.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• 2BPV.jpg
      2BPV.jpg
      File size:
      26.5 KB
      Views:
  2. dillinja666

dillinja666 Toyotaholic

Truck:
    I gots no truck, for now
    most people just take it out..they are not going to be hauling with a lowered truck...

3. Beefed Taco

Beefed Taco Addict

Mine is gone. But some people don't like the fact that by removing it you have full pressure to the rear which locks the brakes easily in a panic situation. I've locked mine on the freeway once when I jabbed the brakes quickly due to some idiot in front of me.

I've heard of people bending the rod to try to get it back to normal, but who's to say they got it how it should be. I hate those things and used to remove them when c- notching Taco's since they are in the way on those trucks, unlike the pre 95's. I don't remove them anymore on other people's trucks when c-notching, I just relocate them.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2010
  4. ShortyzKustomz

ShortyzKustomz Enthusiast

Truck:
    94 Single Cab
    Cool idea... But I havent had one for 3 years and driven to shows 4 states away and daily driving and never had an issue

5. Beefed Taco

Beefed Taco Addict

Me neither, but you'd be amazed how many people get critical when it comes to this stupid BPV and axle rod on these trucks. I thought this bracket would have gained a bit more popularity due to these nit pickers.

I went off an old design that SD YOTA posted a long time ago. (first 2 pics)

Attached Files:

6. Dano50

Dano50 Newbie

I like your idea.
    I live in Virginia and state inspections here are ridiculous.
    What size is the heim joint end?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2016