Forum Dedicated to Toyota Stout, Hilux, and Pickup Owners

Toyota Pickup 1 Toyota Pickup 2 Toyota Pickup 3 Toyota Pickup 4

Go Back   Toyota Minis > 1989-1995 Pickups > 1989-1995 Pickup Discussion > Maintenance/Repair

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2011, 01:37 PM   #1

Truck: '91 Pickup

Turn Signals wont work

Okay. This happened all weird and random. First my left tail light went out, but brake light works. I changed the bulbs. replaced the housing from my other toyota to it, still nothing. then my right rear turn signal stopped working. did the same thing. checked everything. now my left front turn signal doesn't work. i checked fuses, i checked every light. i dont know why or how it just randomly happened but i feel like a driving hazard right now. anyone know anything about this?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on Facebook
Sponsored Links
Toyota Pickup Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-31-2011, 05:46 PM   #2
Toyotaholic

Truck: 80 STD SR5 LB, bagged! The new whip!
Well in another thread you mentioned something about tearing the dash apart? I dont know if this was recently or If your in progress of doing such but sometimes if the connector for your hazard lights is not plugged in this will cause loss of turn signals. However it sound more like they have just all started randomly quiting on you at different times so maybe one of the relays has a short.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on Facebook
Old 04-01-2011, 09:29 AM   #3
Addict

Truck: 93 single cab 2wd
Yes the hazard switch was not connected on my dash and it gave me quite a hard time. I did get it fixed and ran into a few other issues you might want to check. I noticed the connector for the front bumper turn signals can be misleading. I have the polarity backwards on one of mine but it looked right to me.
I also noticed the bumper light connectors can lose its "spring" for the connecting points to the bulb.
Let me know if this helps or not. If it doesnt I could give you more info. I torn my entire turn signal setup apart to find the issue.
Old 04-01-2011, 05:06 PM   #4

Truck: 84 longbed 22R
My rears went out intermittently...even got a ticket after i thought i fixed it...eliminated a couple connectors behind rear bumper and spliced in new wire...also found a wire crossing the bumper bracket that had chafed and grounded out....no problems since
Sponsored Links