NR33 owner from New Zealand

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by T.L.C 1980, Nov 27, 2015.

1. T.L.C 1980

T.L.C 1980 Newbie

Truck:
    1980 NR33
    Hi Hilux owners,

I'm Clive from Canterbury New Zealand, I came across this Forum as I was looking for information on the Lexus conversion into earlier Hilux's, So here I am,
    We had the NR-33 shortbed given to me by a very good mate of mine that was going to restore it with is son but pulled it apart and gave up.

One day having cold beer around in his garage he said if you want it take it home, all in bits we took it home and sat in the garage, it's been off the road for 10+ years, only done 110,000 km from new and has next to no rust.

We are building a new larger garage in the new year where we can have a bit more room to make a start on it, the plan for the truck over the next couple years will be to retro tech it with a Lexus V8 with supercharger and manual gearbox, hot orange paint, big brakes and some 17 inch rims to roll on and dropped ride height.

But sole purpose will be rebuilt to suit towing duties for our aquarium business and firewood for winter.

That's me. I will start a build thread Once we get the ball rolling, but in the mean time I got so reading to do one some of these great trucks on here and learn how to upload photo's