1976: Turn Signal Relay location?

Discussion in 'Interior/Electronics' started by Wigner's Friend, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Wigner's Friend

Wigner's Friend Newbie

I'm trying to get my turn signals working. Previous owner says they never worked, and the owner before him didn't know why. Bulbs are good.

There is continuity between the light bulb socket terminals, so I know there is a short. The short is common to both sides. Looked under the truck and didn't see any frayed or exposed wires.

My next guess was maybe the flasher relay is at fault, and the Chilton's manual says the relay is under the center of the instrument panel. Looked but only found the fuel pump relay and a number of unplugged wire terminals.

I'd appreciate if someone told me more specifically where to look, maybe with a picture, so I can see if I even have a flasher relay installed.

If it's missing, then at least I'll know the short is somewhere else and I'll have to fix it before installing a new relay.

2. first80toyota

first80toyota Addict

Truck:
    '77 Hilux
    In my '77 it's in the center behind the radio and heater controls above the blower motor.

3. Project80

Project80 Veteran

Truck:
    1981 reg cab 2wd
    sorry for the bad quality, took pic off the computer at work. If anyone need diagrams or anything just ask, i work at the dealer :waytogo:
    20130316_145441.jpg

4. Robs Rn20 1uz

Robs Rn20 1uz Member

Truck:
    1978 1uz
    I have a 78. It's in the same spot.