won't start

Discussion in 'Engine/Drivetrain' started by Toyota530, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Toyota530

Toyota530 Veteran

Truck:
    94 toy xcab
    my battery was weak because i was playing my music, then i tried to start up the truck but it didnt start anf after 10 sec to it the battery was to low and can hear the starter slowly kickin. I gave it cables and tried to start it up again but failed...???Flooded???maybe but next day tried it again and nothing still...??? How can i get this baby to start? is there something wrong in the engine?? starter, battery, alternater are good ( told by autozone)

2. bustedknuckles

bustedknuckles Enthusiast

Truck:
    1985 Toyota, 2000 S10 Xtreme
    Is there a possibility you hooked up the jumper cables wrong and blew a fuse. check the 80amp fuse.

3. Toyota530

Toyota530 Veteran

Truck:
    94 toy xcab
    starter kicks but not the engine.... but ya i'll check and see right now.

4. millcitysboy606

millcitysboy606 Enthusiast

Truck:
    87 Pickup
    I had the same problem... guy in advanced auto had the same problem with his ae... told me to take a cable and run it from my battery positive directly to my starter. if it turned on then the cable was probably coroded or broken somehow... thats what my problem was... so i didnt really know how to replace the cables cuz previous owner did a hack job with the wiring... sooo... what I did was buy a switch for $3 and ran a cable from my battery and one from the starter to the switch in the cab... now turns on everytime.. used to have to jump start or push start 95% of the time... hope this helps in any way.

5. Toyota530

Toyota530 Veteran

Truck:
    94 toy xcab
    don't you hate when previous owner do hideous job, then you got to fix it :brickknock: anyways turn out its in my fuse box inside the truck, had to take out and put back, it happened before but i forgot bout what i did, but fixed so happy now =D:D