The beating of another dead horse

Discussion in 'Engine/Drivetrain' started by eurofreak2002, Jan 18, 2011.

1. eurofreak2002

eurofreak2002 Toyotaholic

Truck:
    80 STD SR5 LB, bagged! The new whip!
    Ok ladies Ive read numerous times about the intake battery swap. Ive seen it done in pics, ive heard people saying yah I did mine this weekend. However after long searching Ive found nothing that really helps me with HOW you did it. I know about the battery and getting longer cables and such as I am relocating mine to the bed. However looking at the harness for the MAF and the fact there is no way it will reach the battery side question is: Do they make a extension harness or do you have to cut and extend every wire:verdict_in:Thats all I need to know. Oh yah does out plug direct fit the supra AFM?? Ok yah so 2 questions shoot me :nana::waytogo:

2. IronNam

IronNam Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    94 XCab
    you open up the wire harness. you "split" the harness over. I didn't cut anything but tape to keep wires together.

3. Kristian43

Kristian43 Veteran

Truck:
    89 Toyota Hilux Dlx
    ^basically what he said. you have to be very carful though when you split open the cord that the wires travel to for the afm cuz you may cut a wire. it has plenty of length to reach the battery side you dont have to worry. also get some of that plastic cord protector stuff to cover it and some electrical tape. (look in my build thread if you need pix)
    yes the supra afm is a direct fit it has to be from an 82 though, no other supra afm will work.

4. eurofreak2002

eurofreak2002 Toyotaholic

Truck:
    80 STD SR5 LB, bagged! The new whip!
    Thanks guys maybe now ill start a build thread as I get the ball rolling