86 2wd sbc swap help

Discussion in 'Engine/Drivetrain' started by oneeight436572, Sep 1, 2014.

1. oneeight436572

oneeight436572 Newbie

Truck:
    86 2wd
    i have a 283 longblock and the way i'm going to build it i should be looking at 350-400 hp. are there pre made mounts i can buy for this? i also have a camaro t5 transmission... i got myself a ford 3.55 8.8 lsd disc axle that i've yet to swap because i'm trying to ditch some lowering blocks for lowering leafs. put a fuel cell in so i'm not worried about the tank. i got some aggressive as hell advan a048 tires on some wide 16's and i've got a ton of steering play up front and i used to be on 14" trailer wheels. i'm starting to feel the wrath of this truck's suspension woes... any advice for weight compensation for a larger heavier motor, some better handling and less tire rub? stiffer torsion bars maybe? i want to do some drifting in this jalop and now it's being a pain. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Suprafreak13

Suprafreak13 Member

I think you will be looking for 1-ton front suspension from the dually trucks/campers. torsion bars and sway bars.

3. White Trash

White Trash Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 auto cross beater
    Your better handling ideas went out the window when you decided to bolt an anchor under the hood. The engine will have to sit too far forward in the bay so all your weight will simply pivot off of the front end in a turn. The horsepower will be a hoot in a straight line though!

4. wormsanity2385

wormsanity2385 Newbie

Truck:
    87 Toyota 2wd pickup
    I have a 305 swap in mine... it has a 4:56 gear and its amazingly fun to drive! but I have an air ride suspension on mine, handles like a dream, finding a good coil over with a semi stiff spring would work too. but u can or the mounts off of ebay. plan on drifting mine a little

5. Gr8KornHolio

Gr8KornHolio Veteran

Truck:
    85 regular cab longbed 22R
    Ok, I've seen it done in the 4X4 versions, but how exactly do you get it in the 2wd? Figured oil pan/crossmember issues.

6. vettelover

vettelover Newbie

Truck:
    1994 22re 5speed
    I don't know about the Ford 302 but I know if you use a Corvette oil an on a SBC, they are shallower than the truck oil pans. Plus if you use the Corvette pan it is also already rear sump. I hope to test fit mine in about a year.

7. Stangbanger1971

Stangbanger1971 Member

Any info on these s.b. Chevy swaps? I'm doing a 86 swb 2wd with a 350/350. BLUBYU2

Attached Files: