2wd LCE Pro Flow exhaust pic request

Discussion in 'Engine/Drivetrain' started by iceman117, Oct 22, 2014.

1. iceman117

iceman117 Newbie

Truck:
    86 reg cab 2wd
    i have an 86 2wd automatic that im trying to put the pro flow exhaust on. My problem is where the exhaust starts to bend over the axle, its not where it should be. Where the exhaust turns up after the muffler it is extremely close to the axle so much so it wont be driveable. I would move the muffler back but then the tailpipe would move just as much back and be extremely close the the rear tire. Right now the tailpipe sits directly behind the mudflap mount right at the tailpipe hanger where it should be. If anyone out there has an LCE exhaust on their 2wd could you take a pic with the LR wheel off like this?

[​IMG]

2. ToxicToyz

ToxicToyz Addict

Truck:
    88 longbed
    The straight pipe or the pipe that goes from the catalytic converter to the muffler needs to be trimmed. They make that pipe long so this kit can fit on the extra cab and long bed models. I think about 6 inches will do the trick .

3. twizted1

twizted1 Addict

Truck:
    '89 xcab 2wd
    go up and over the axle then instead of turning out towards body just cut that piece off.

4. CREETIN247

CREETIN247 Enthusiast

Truck:
    86 Std
    Why not just pick up a hi-flow cat and the muffler of your choice and have an exhaust shop make you one? It'll be cheaper for one and most shops still use mandrel bent tubing so it's not cheap tubing! Plus you'll be able to get the sound you want. I just picked up a cheap Thrush muffler and still gotta get the hi-flow cat and hit the shop.

5. iceman117

iceman117 Newbie

Truck:
    86 reg cab 2wd
    Does anyone read posts or did I not specify exactly what was happening?

ToxicToyz- I do not even have that pipe connected. The tailpipe tip is EXACTLY where it should be in the non adjustable rear hanger and the muffler is slammed all the way rearward in its hangers. If I moved the whole system forward to put the axle where it should be under the exhaust, the tailpipe would be too close to the rear tire if not touching the tire and 6" away from the rear hanger. That center section of pipe is the least of my worries.

twizted1- I was 16 once and made all sorts of dumb mistakes, like the one you just suggested. That would solve my problem but it would totally defeat the purpose of buying an aftermarket exhaust for looks, sound and ease of installation, not to mention cutting off about $100 worth of exhaust and chrome tip.

CREETIN247- I did price out three different exhaust shops before I bought this exhaust system. They all wanted more than what this system cost me but now I'm thinking I would've been better off.

My original idea was to see if anyone on this forum had a 2wd regular cab short bed with an LCE pro-flow exhaust so they could take a picture of their exhaust and I could compare the two. Simple.

6. CREETIN247

CREETIN247 Enthusiast

Truck:
    86 Std
    On the positive note, you learned a valuable lesson!! Not to buy pre-built exhaust systems!! :waytogo:

7. twizted1

twizted1 Addict

Truck:
    '89 xcab 2wd
    16? Wtf you talkn bout..."DUMB MISTAKE" ITS CALLED A TURN DOWN SO NO TIP HANGING OUT....YOU SHOULD figure out out your on sh!t then and dont put your dumb question out here if your not ready for some different ideas!! Chrome tip...lmfao!! Cut it off!!

8. iceman117

iceman117 Newbie

Truck:
    86 reg cab 2wd
    Truth Creetin247, but I must say, LCE Engineering is a great company and I still stand behind them. I've been in touch with them about all of this and they have already began to bend me up a custom tailpipe section and have it shipped to me within a week. They are baffled as much as I am and couldn't have helped me out more in a time of such frustration.

And twizted1, I was trying to be a bit humorous but that didn't work out so well as I can see with the vulgar backlash.

If I didnt piss off the community too much, I'm still curious if anybody uses LCE exhaust on this forum and could possibly post a picture.

9. kingtacoma951

kingtacoma951 Addict

Truck:
    88 SR5 Xtra Cab
    Well that doesn't look right at all...they have may sent you the wrong one. I'll look for pics on this.