help passing smog

Discussion in 'Engine/Drivetrain' started by FAC, Jun 27, 2011.

1. FAC

FAC Newbie

so I failed smog its not really a big suprise because my truck doesnt run that great. so far I have done a basic tuneup and I think I need to rebuild the carb. what I am not sure about is that my test results said tampered. I am really wondering what this means and what smog parts originally came on my truck.
    Can larger tires be considered tampered?

2. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Try to make friends with a mechanic that has a dyno. I take my cars to my mechanic, he runs it and tells me pass or fail before i go pay for the test.

3. FAC

FAC Newbie

thats a good idea for the future but right now I need some help figuring out what partshave been tampered with can you tell what smog parts originally came on a 1980 federal pickup?

Im just over in camarillo btw

4. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    No sh!t? By wen do u need it smogged? I can have u go to my mechanic n he should help u out. Maybe a bit of a fee but theyre cool there

5. FAC

FAC Newbie

I am need it smogged by the 30th that would be sweet if you could hook me up with someone who knew toyotas

6. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Theyre not yota specific but they hooked up my nissan to where it would pass smog. They had to bypass a vaccum line and undid it cuz it ran like crap but it passed. N thats all that mattered a the time