My Daily Drven Pickup

Discussion in '1989-1995 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by Lil_Lola, Jun 18, 2014.

1. Lil_Lola

Lil_Lola Enthusiast

Truck:
    94 single cab
    well to get started its a 94 2wd base standard cab.
    i got this truck back in January of 2014 from my moms bf who was the original owner
    he owes a couple stock cars and a hydro plane boat so he has always kept up maintenance on this bad boy.. he works for Boeing and just needed a daily so he went and bought the truck right off the lot new he opted out for the base model so im blessed with having no power anything or ac:verdict_in:
    when visiting him i saw the truck sitting in the front of the house looking a little lonely and asked about it and to my surprise he was selling it and he hadnt driven it in awhile .......i told him i had to have it:meemee: well after some un expected bills and a few set backs that kept me from my truck we stricked a deel 100$ a month and it was mine he wanted it out of the front of his house!!!! i agreed :D the sale price was for 1250$ long story short i ended up replacing my moms motor on her old integra and after giving him 350$ he said to not worry about it the truck was mine due to the fact i took care of my moms care with out being asked so i i thing i got a pretty good deal on this beauty !! so with out further a due so pics...

[​IMG]

sorry for the pic this was taken when i first saw the truck wasnt mine yet and didnt have keys to get in

[​IMG]

first thing i did was go see my buddy who worded at toyota at the time and got a full service and valve cover gasket and all the goodies plugs wires and stuff all done for 100$ kinda hooked me up since i did get him the job there hahaha

[​IMG]

oh and before i forget to mention i found this gym with the original owners manual in the glove box:jawdrop:

[​IMG]

2. LilRed93

LilRed93 Addict

Truck:
    1993 Pickup
    That's a sweet truck ya got there.:waytogo: I'm jealous that you have a shell to fit it. Got any Big plans for it?

3. Lil_Lola

Lil_Lola Enthusiast

Truck:
    94 single cab
    I will be posting up some pics in a bit but the truck has gon through a mild transformation already haha

4. Lil_Lola

Lil_Lola Enthusiast

Truck:
    94 single cab
    ok now that i have a little time on my hands heres some more pics/info

so after the winter months and snow on the ground i took off the bed camper thingy majig haha and gave it a good wash

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

replaced the old fram filter with a K&N filter and man did i feel the hp difference ( just kidding)
    [​IMG]

i then fixed my moms old integra and since it had been sitting for the past 3 years and it had a fold out in dash dvd player i swaped that in to the mini alond with removing the bench seat and swapping in some single seats

from the pic it looks kinda like the passenger seat has a rip in it but its just the user manual envelope
    [​IMG]

5. Lil_Lola

Lil_Lola Enthusiast

Truck:
    94 single cab
    so searching craigslist and after seeing starions on these trucks and know i want them i began me search....15 mins later and i had a guy whos was parting out his starion and i offer to buy his wheels 100$ and a 2 hour trip to pick them up not to bad brought them back home and wash them up after assesing them the next morning i find all to be in damn good shape 3 out of 4 tires had toyo proxes 4 tires with 80% tread and one flat due to nail so went to les schwab and picked up a used tire with almost the same size ( same hight just not as wide )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

now lucky me i got the weekend off so i decided to tackle the suspension and went and picked up some 3in lowering blocks and new kyb monomax struts for the front ( phone was dead while i did the blocks and torsions but alive when doing the struts)

no matter my bikes or trucks my dog is always there to watch and ast like she is doing work haha
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

here is a better shot of my interior
    [​IMG]

also picked up some new alpines for the little pickup
    [​IMG]

and then i took a couple shots of the truck and did a little fooling around with the camera editor

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Da_Roach

Da_Roach Toyotaholic

Truck:
    (1) 92 RN80 (1) 2002 RZN150
    Looks great. Are you starions 16x7 and 16x8, also what size tires are you using?

7. TRUCK ACTION

TRUCK ACTION Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    Welcome , truck looks good!!:cool:

8. Lil_Lola

Lil_Lola Enthusiast

Truck:
    94 single cab
    Yes both 16x7 and 16x8 and I believe I'm running 205/50/16

9. 93TILinfinity

93TILinfinity Veteran

Truck:
    1993 Toyota pickup 2wd 4cyl 5speed cab and a half standard bed
    You made some quick progress man. Those wheels look clean. Good choice. Nice build and welcome to the forum

10. Lil_Lola

Lil_Lola Enthusiast

Truck:
    94 single cab
    thank you once i get bit by the bug its hard not to do things to my truck i love that little thing

11. Cade01

Cade01 Veteran

Truck:
    1973 Toyota Hilux
    I want Starions for my Hilux soooo bad!

12. smctoy

smctoy Toyotaholic

Truck:
    91 xcab...
    very nice

13. kingtacoma951

kingtacoma951 Addict

Truck:
    88 SR5 Xtra Cab
    Welcome to the site...see how those rims make it night and day? Very nice man...keep it up

14. Lil_Lola

Lil_Lola Enthusiast

Truck:
    94 single cab
    Thank you thank you and yes they make a huge difference I'm thinking about picking up some diamond steeliness while I remove these off and polish them up which would give me spare wheels haha always need spares .....

On another note I've been searching and haven't really found an answer but I got a new cluster from what I believe to be a v6 xtcab and with my toy being a base model the tach doesn't work I've heard people say you have to wire it in this is something I've never done before and I can't seem to find a how to on it for that specific problem maybe someone could help thank you

15. 93_Toy_Mini

93_Toy_Mini Addict

Truck:
    93 Reg Cab Pickup
    Nice truck!

16. IronNam

IronNam Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    94 XCab
    looks good

17. yotaman95

yotaman95 Enthusiast

Truck:
    1995 single cab
    Looking good fella keep it up!

18. Lil_Lola

Lil_Lola Enthusiast

Truck:
    94 single cab
    ok so i havent been driving the truck much since its so damn hot out but i did do a little work on it today

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. am_works

am_works Newbie

nice! looks awesome, where did you get the steering wheel and TRD horn?

20. Lil_Lola

Lil_Lola Enthusiast

Truck:
    94 single cab
    sttering wheel came from my buddys shop Acme2motorsports out of vegas and the horn was ebay special!!:waytogo: